About Dr Perrott
Dr Perrott is an ophthalmic surgeon specialising in laser, cataract-refractive and glaucoma surgery.
He is registered as a Specialist Ophthalmologist in South Africa and the United Kingdom.
He graduated from the University of Cape Town in 1990.
He completed his specialist training at the University of Cape Town and Groote Schuur
Hospital in 1999.
In the final South African College of Medicine Fellowship Examinations, he was awarded the prestigious Gold Medal for outstanding performance.
He is registered with the following institutions and societies
- Health Professions Council of South Africa (Specialist Ophthalmologist 374644)
- Fellow of the College of Ophthalmology, South Africa
- Senior Lecturer UCT, Department of Health Sciences
- General Medical Council, UK (Principal List 3635526)
- General Medical Council, UK (Specialist Register)
- South African Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons
- Ophthalmological Society of South Africa
- South African Glaucoma Society
- World Glaucoma Society
- Medical Association of South Africa (23976)
- Medical Protection Society (12/14635)
- Director of Peninsula Eye Hospital
He was made a Consultant in Ophthalmology, Groote Schuur Hospital in 2000.
He then undertook further training in Cataract-refractive and Glaucoma Surgery in the UK, including time at Moorfields Hospital to complete his LASIK training.
Dr Perrott is involved in training junior surgeons at UCT Medical School as a Senior Lecturer and Clinician.
Dr Perrott has been performing laser surgery in private practice in Cape Town since 2001 and has been performing LASIK surgery since 1999.
He currently uses the Wavelight Ex500 OptiLASIK system which is capable of topography-guided custom ablation treatments. This enables him to individualise each patient’s treatment to achieve outstanding results